During a recent trip to the Keys, we got out with Captain Jeremy Loercher (www.atseakeywest.com) on his 30 foot Contender. We hammered the Mangrove and Yellowtail snapper, and brought some back to the marina at the Ocean's Edge Resort to have them cook them up for us. Oh. My. God.
We love fish tacos, especially when it's made with fresh-caught fish. But the best fish tacos? Right here, baby. If you love the combination of fresh, flaky fish and tangy salsa, then you're in for a treat. These tacos are bursting with flavor, thanks to the addition of homemade mango salsa. Not only is this salsa easy to make, but it adds a sweet and tropical twist to the classic fish taco. So grab your ingredients and get ready to devour fresh fish tacos. Totally delicious from our first-hand account.
Ingredients you'll need:
- 1 pound yellowtail snapper fillets (duh)
- 1 cup diced mango (we're "pro-mango")
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 8 small flour tortillas
- Shredded cabbage, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
How to make these bad boys:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mango, red onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, jalapeno pepper, lime juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce. Add more Sriracha if you're feeling rowdy. Set aside.
- Season the yellowtail snapper fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Grill the fillets for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are cooked through.
- Remove the fillets from the grill and use a fork to flake them into bite-sized pieces.
- Assemble the tacos by spreading a spoonful of the Sriracha mayo onto each tortilla. Top with a few pieces of the yellowtail snapper, some shredded cabbage, and a spoonful of the mango salsa.
- Serve the tacos with lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Final Thoughts - The Best Fish Tacos
These fresh-caught yellowtail snapper fish tacos are sure to be a hit with seafood lovers of all ages. The combination of tender, flaky fish and our homemade mango salsa is simply unbeatable. Plus, these tacos are easy to make and can be served as a fun and casual dinner option for any occasion. I can tell you this was some of the best fish I have ever eaten. Ever. Thanks Captain Jeremy!
Cheers to the great outdoors,
You may also like: